Monday, April 15, 2013

I Rhyme

I rhyme not for the love of wealth and fame
Or that mine would become a celebrated name
I only rhyme because i love to rhyme
I have been penning stuff since i was in my life's prime

I rhyme because with words i love to play
And on paper never short of things to say
I've been penning rhyme since nineteen seventy three
A man of rhyme is all that i can be

Every day i email the new rhymes i do write
To be published in an internet literary site
I love penning stuff the only reason why
My rhymes in numbers like rabbits multiply

A poet as such i have never claimed to be
Such a distinguished is not for one like me
For self enjoyment i pen rhymes every day
A rhyming man for me does sound okay

A stranger to many even on my side of the town
I do not rhyme for money or renown
A rhymer for thirty nine years in time quite a span
And suppose i will die as a rhyming man.

No comments:

Post a Comment