Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Best Years Of My Life

The best years of my life have been lost to time
And for me like all rhymers there will be a last rhyme
Like all other life forms i was born to die
This happens to be fact and fact never lie
With those who claim us humans are superior to all other life forms i cannot agree
The old cow in the paddock is no less of a mortal than me
In the abattoir or of old age or in some other way
She will die and like her for me there will be a last day
You may be a company director and drive in an expensive car
But you are not as important as you think you are
Far greater people than you the ways of time have gone
One day you will die and life will go on
The best years in my life in the distant past
And each rhyme i write one nearer to my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment