Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Claraghatlea Fellow

Where i was born and raised few nowadays would know me
Yet a Claraghatlea fellow is all i can be
A Claraghatlea fellow west of Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

The place where i first looked on the lamp of day
North of where i now live thousands of sky miles away
I left there in December when Clara wore a hat of snow
And Finnow in the old fields bank high did flow

I have not seen Claraghatlea for twenty seven years that does seem a long time
The babies when i left there are now in their life's prime
And all i have are the memories of the long gone years
For the past i have shed my last nostalgic tears

The wanderlust was in me in Claraghatlea i did not stay
And to many there i would be a stranger today
The future ahead of us and the past it has gone
And we live in the now and life does go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment