Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Perhaps I Will Never Again

Perhaps i will never more see Millstreet Town
Near where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
When i left Claraghatlea Finnow bank high did flow
And old Clara Mountain wore a hat of snow

This is going back the years many Seasons ago
And since time that rusts iron has become my foe
Many changes in Millstreet since i last lived there
But then such can be said of places everywhere

I have lived for many years in the Land of the roo
And i have grown to know it by it's harsh cries the white cockatoo
To the calls of the pee wee i wake every day
I love this great Country in truth i can say

Still in my flights of fancy i can hear the rill
Go babbling to the river down the fields by the hill
In the place where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
Good old memories do live on as a source of joy

Perhaps i will never again see the place where the rivers do meet
In the old rushy fields near the Town of Millstreet
But good memories of what was with me does remain
And in fancy i walk in the old fields again.

No comments:

Post a Comment