Thursday, March 2, 2017

Memories Of What Was

Most of the images of faces on the website of Millstreet
Are of people i do not know of or never may meet
In my first home place now many strangers to me
Years of absence makes us strangers is how it seems to be

Perhaps some of their parents i knew of or knew
Where my friends used to be many perhaps today there are few
That i knew or knew of in Seasons long past
The memories of what was in me fading fast

But home is where you live to me too must apply
I only have memories of days long gone by
When i was younger and my hair was dark brown
In Claraghatlea a mile west of Millstreet Town

Some i went to school with not living today
At peace with Nature their last remains lay
Others like me are showing their years in gray
Time that rusts iron wears all things away

My bond to Duhallow is no longer that strong
Perhaps from there i have been absent for far too long
Home to me is where i live in Illowa near the City of Warrnambool
Far south of where i went to primary school

Most of the images on the Millstreet wewb site are strangers to me
They are not among the images of faces stored in my memory
Though perhaps some of their parents i have known or known of in the past
Memories of what was in me fading fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment