Monday, July 18, 2011

Daydreams Are Just That

When i was much younger near a far away town
I often did daydream of literary renown
But daydreams are just that and seldom come true
And from penning rhymes fame and wealth is not my due

My best days in life to the forever gone
But true to my calling i keep rhyming on
Making rhymes has become an addiction with me
Though i am not a poet and one i never could be

The rhymer is one who enjoys penning rhyme
And to many that may seem a waste of good time
To the maker of rhyme enjoyment it does bring
It is not a chore but a pleasurable thing

For many years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one who has written a whole heap of stuff
My thinking as such in rhyme words i express
And rhyming has brought me so much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment