Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hypocritical Me

I hate to see life forms suffer the life forms for us who die
But on saying that i am hypocritical as i am one who lives with a lie
Since i too eat the cooked flesh of slaughtered birds, fish and animals which i must admit i enjoy
Eating for i have been a human carnivore ever since i was a young boy
For longer than i care to remember i have enjoyed eating fish and meat
Which too makes me a carnivore since other air breathing life forms i do eat
I cannot say that i am less guilty than the person who slaughtered those creatures for me
And when i say i feel sorry for the creatures i eat how hypocritical i must seem to be
I criticize the cruelty to the to be slaughtered creatures taking place in slaughter houses every day
Yet i am as guilty as the slaughterers though in an indirect sort of a way
I do not live by my convictions but in that i am not alone
I ought to leave it to the sinless person as the one for to cast the first stone
I hate to think creatures for me suffer once life forms slaughtered every day
But on saying this i do feel hypocritical though i'm not alone on feeling this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment