Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Just Wish To Write Something Worthwhile

I just wish to write something worthwhile something that would outlive me in time
And as of yet this has not happened though i have written a whole heap of rhyme
I am not out for fame or for fortune just to write a rhyme that would live on
Something with my name to it when the breath of life from me as gone

I am not a poet one of the rare few something i never pretended to be
I am just your average rhymer though the rhymes keep on coming to me
I do love the rhythm that is in rhyme for years i have been a rhyming buff
And i know i am just one of the many who has written a whole heap of stuff

Of years i am six with the three score a rhymer since seventy three
The rhymer does string rhymes together whilst the poet becomes famous from writing poetry
If of penning rhyme i became bored i surely would  give it away
But it is something that i enjoy doing so i write more rhymes every day

I just wish to write something worthwhile that in decades from now would be enjoyed when read
But i know that may never happen i will be of the forgotten dead
But rhyming helps to keep me happy and  i hope to be doing it till the day i do die
For if i did tell you any different i would be telling you a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment