Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Like The Singer

Like the singer for the love of song happy to sing
To pen rhymes for me always a joyful thing
And though the worth of my rhymes are not for me to say
I add to my growing numbers of them every day

We all have our hobbies and passions in life
That for many serves as an antidote to inner strife
Suppose if we all were the same how boring we would be
With variety is the spice of life i for one do agree

Though my worth as a rhymer i often does doubt
No shortage of things for me to pen rhymes about
On this day in mid Winter in the southern July
The sun it is shining in the blue sky

And a male magpie sings on a black wattle tree
His kind every day i do hear and do see
And the dainty magpie lark is calling pee wee
His kind familiar to many and familiar to me

Like the singer loves to sing i love to write rhymes
Perhaps as writing does go i am not up with the times
My physical best days in life in the forever gone
But true to my calling i keep on rhyming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment