Saturday, June 25, 2011

Claraghatlea In Duhallow

Far north of this Country even as the bird does fly
In distance quite far thousands of miles by sky
Is a place where the lamp of day i first did see
Claraghatlea in Duhallow was first home to me

It was there i was raised and grew into a man
And from there my long journey to the south began
And despite long years of absence the memories with me remain
Of the old fields and in fancy i walk on them again

I hear the babble of the clear mountain rill
As it babbles it's way down the fields by the hill
And the white breasted dipper a river bird i used to know
In my memory does sing where the rapids do flow

The past does live with us as a memory
Though the now is what matters as most would agree
To me love of Place transcends love of Country
And a Claraghatlea fellow is all i can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment