Friday, November 2, 2012

When A Claraghatlea Fellow

We are all of the leaves of the one family tree
But with this way of thinking many may disagree
Does an Aussie on paper make an Aussie of me
When a Claraghatlea fellow is all i can be?

A Claraghatlea fellow just west of Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
A long way from here even as the migratory bird does fly
In distance perhaps twelve thousand miles of sky

The wanderlust in me there i did not stay
And  there to many i might be a stranger today
In the old  fields i loved in my years as a boy
Learning of Nature's ways to me a source of joy

Where i often did daydream of fortune and fame
That mine would  become a great literary name
But daydreams are just that and seldom come true
And from life we receive what from life is our due

Time has brought change with it to the Town by Clara Hill
But time does not change the sound of the babble of  the rill
That flows down the gravel from the heights of Claramore
Through Claraghatlea to the rivers to the Atlantic shore

The place where i lived when i was in my prime
My ageing bones now feeling the wear of time
Does an Aussie on paper make an Aussie of me
When a Claraghatlea fellow is all i can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment