Friday, April 10, 2015

I Want To Live On

Just an aging crock of an old country town
Were i born a horse by now i would have been put down
The Reaper of Lives thus far i have denied
The lady of luck has to be on my side

On borrowed time i only seem to survive
The doctor prescribing pills for to keep me alive
People far younger and fitter than i am in Mother Earth lay
But i do hope to live on for many a day

Since the thought of death scares me of this i will not lie
I want to live on i have no wish for to die
I do not believe in this Paradise somewhere beyond the sky
Where good souls post bodily death with wings to do fly

To me Paradise is where i live today
And not an unknown World from here far away
The wild birds are singing on the sunlit trees
On a pleasant evening of near twenty degrees

Though some people for their gardens hoping for rain
With such beautiful weather i cannot complain
The leaves on the deciduous trees are turning brown
On April of the Fall in the southern town

Unlike me most horses not allowed to grow old
When past their useful days to the knackery for dog meat they are sold
But my doctor prescribe pills to keep me living and though my best years long gone
For as long as i can i do hope for to live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment