Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'll Carry On Rhyming

For many years I have been a rhyming buff
And I am one who has penned reams of rhyming stuff
But I have never referred to myself as a poet
Nor am I one worthy of literary note.

Not a man of rhyme but a rhyming man
And I'll carry on rhyming for as long as I can
Since nineteen seventy three I have been penning rhyme
And as human years go that does seem a long time.

I write of the beauty around me I do see
The creations of Nature on every bush and tree
The creatures of Nature I see every day
On our Earth Mother one never short of things to write of and say.

My rhymes are quite simple for to read and recite
And of people the living and the deceased I do write
And though my worth as a rhymer I often do doubt
I never feel short of things for to write about.

An addictive rhymer I very well may be
But the addictive are not rare of that one must agree
I do enjoy rhyming of that I will not lie
And I hope to keep penning stuff until I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment