Monday, March 18, 2013

A Hungry Belly Game

In penning rhyme for me there is no money it is what is known as a  'hungry belly game'
To have penned thousands of individual pieces this is my only claim to fame
I only write rhymes now for my own enjoyment and email them to an internet literary site
The stuff i pen to say the least is simple the type of stuff that anyone could write
The sound of rhyming words to me appealing it has been awhile since i penned my first rhyme
That is going back to the early nineteen seventies one might say this is going way back in time
The passing years have left me walking slower old age on us so quickly seems to show
Each day we live one nearer to our last day and when that will be is not for us to know
And though getting on in years not tired of rhyming it is something i could never give away
It is something that i thoroughly enjoy doing and self enjoyment compensates for lack of pay
Though some tell me i have  more than enough written and i have said all that one should have to say
I only hope that rhymes i will be writing up to the last hour of my final day
On penning rhyme for me  not any money i find it 'a hungry belly game' and nothing more
But i always do feel happy when i'm rhyming something that you may have heard me say before.

No comments:

Post a Comment