Friday, March 1, 2013

For My Own Enjoyment

I've written of Nature's Seasons Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
And of the great ocean mammals to the tiniest of the small
I've written rhymes on many subjects without any form of financial pay
But it is what i enjoy doing so i write more every day

I've written thousands of rhymes over four decades of years
Of people and their lives and their times of laughter and tears
I write for my own enjoyment not for financial reward or renown
Rhyming helps me to feel good about myself when i am feeling down

Yes it is only for my own enjoyment that rhymes i do write
You can see my rhymes online in many a literarry site
The sort of  rhymes i write to write as  easy as can be
Anyone can write rhymes that's how it seems to me

I write of animals and flowers and the birds and the bees
And  the sound of the wind blowing in the leafy trees
Some tell me in rhyme i have said all i have  to say
But new rhymes do come  to my mind every day

I left school in the early sixties without any degrees
But this does not prevent me of writing of homeless people and refugees
And of sporting greats of athletics and many codes of football
But for my writing efforts i do not receive any money at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment