Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Commitments In Life

I used to daydream of adventure and renown
But commitments in life ties me to the one town
I would like to see more of the big World out there
And on the highway to the big city of elsewhere

Commitments in life ties me to the one place
Where mine has become a too familiar face
I am one who wears the semi local tag
And this is something of which one does not brag

I remember the Irish Travelers when i was a boy
A life free of commitments they did enjoy
A few weeks in a place and then they moved on
Though their ways of traveling in the forever gone

So many far away places i would love to see
But age and life commitments has made a semi local of me
Though they would not claim me to be one of their own
To too many locals i have become known.

No comments:

Post a Comment