Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Place I Once Called Home

The place i once called home is no longer home to me
I only have memories of the what used to be
Like a robin in May singing on a leafy birch tree
Such beauty in time a fading memory

This was long ago and in distance far away
And the now is all that does matter as the wise one does say
The past a fading memory of the forever gone
And life all around me as usual goes on

In the calm of a southern July daybreak
To the warbling song of a magpie i do awake
A bird who does sing every day of the year
His flute like notes always a joy for to hear

The place that i called home is no longer home to me
Today i would be a stranger to many where daylight i first see
The now is all that does matter as the wise one does say
And a magpie he is warbling for to greet the dawning day.

No comments:

Post a Comment