Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Ageing Fellow From Duhallow

An ageing fellow from Duhallow is all that i ever can be
Though the old fields i used to love dearly in memory i only now see
The waterways bogs and the mountains such beauty i can visualize
Though far from places of my young years i may witness my last sunrise
Back there where i was known to many i might be a stranger today
From the fields by the Boggeragh mountains perhaps i've been too long away
From places once to me familiar till the wanderlust got hold of me
We all undertake a different life journey that is part of our life's destiny
An ageing fellow from Duhallow i'll remain as till the day i do die
If i pretended to be anything different i would only be living a lie
In Duhallow i first looked on daylight and there my life's journey began
But far south of the fields of my boyhood i may well live out my life span
A fellow from Claraghatlea in Millstreet in Duhallow is all i am and will remain
And sometimes in my flights of fancy i walk in the old fields again.

No comments:

Post a Comment