Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Fellow From Millstreet

Since time has the reaper much nearer to me
The World's great wonders i never may see
But we are what we are with that would you agree
And a fellow  from Millstreet is all i can be

From Millstreet far inland  from Hibernia's shore
In view of old Clara above Claramore
And those who ask where is  Millstreet to them i do say
North of this Country in sky miles far away

From Claraghatlea where i first saw light of day
The years have left me looking older and  gray
My best days in life to the forever gone
And the biological clock on me ticks on and on

Of my heritage to anyone i will not lie
I will be a fellow from Millstreet till the day i will die
And to those who ask me where i am from i say
From Millstreet by Clara from here far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment