Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It Was My Love Of Rhyme

I have been dabbling in rhyme since nineteen seventy three
It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
And though literary critics dismiss them as of another time
There will always be rhymers and there will always be rhyme
In literature a place for rhyme ought to belong
For without it there would not be music and song
And it should go without saying that without these three
The Human World so much the poorer would be
The praises of modern poets the literary critics do sing
It seems like prose poetry is now the in thing
And though doubtless it has known of a far better day
Rhyme will live on despite what the literary critics of it do say
And it was love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
I penned my first rhyme in nineteen seventy three.

No comments:

Post a Comment