Saturday, March 21, 2015

Till The Day I Do Die

In Claraghatlea i was born and raised and spent my physical prime
Though i have not been back there for quite a long time
To say that i do not miss it would be telling a lie
I will be a Claraghatlea fellow till the day i do die

Near where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Today i would be a stranger to many in old Millstreet Town
The babes when i left there the mums and dads of today
And my biological clock keeps on ticking away

In Claraghatlea i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning about her today i enjoy
The years may leave one looking weary and gray
But we learn as we live as the wise one does say

But the old fields i loved to me would look the same
I knew many of them by their given name
Fond memories of them in me does remain
And often in my flights of fancy i walk on them again

Though few now around Millstreet by sight would recognize me
A Claraghatlea fellow is all i can be
If i said i do not miss it this would be a lie
A Claraghatlea fellow i will be till the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment