Sunday, October 20, 2013

It Will Not Matter To Me

It will not matter to me what happens to my last remains when i have lived my last night and day
And i do not wish anyone to grieve for me and for me  to kneel and pray
I will have had a good innings and  life has been good to me
And though i love life death to me will come and what must be will be
Far north of Koroit where i now live near the City of Warrnambool
In Millstreet Town in Duhallow i went to primary school
Far south of the fields of Claraghatlea by sky thousands of miles away
The years have left their mark on me my balding head is gray
Though sometimes i reflect upon the beauty i have known and seen
The nostalgia it has died in me for what was and has been
And only fading memories of the past with me nowadays remain
When the old fields that i used to love in fancy i visit again
But the now is all that does matter since the past has  been and gone
And i feel glad to be alive and life  around me goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment