Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Road Of Life

The road of life that leads one to nowhere is the roadway that i am on
The twilight clouds on my life gathering my better years in the long gone
To grow old far south of my first homeplace perhaps in my life's destiny
The things in life that does mean much to many are not that important to me

I was a schoolboy of the nineteen fifties in years that does seem long ago
I have lived through many good and bad Seasons and time it has become my foe
Perhaps it was in my life's destiny to be born and raised near the Town of Millstreet
A half an hour walk in the old fields to the place where the rivers do meet

My destiny in life was not to be a high achiever as a boy the dunce of the Millstreet Primary School
In my destiny perhaps to grow old in Koroit near the coastal City of Warrnambool
I only have the power of self determination this is all i ever have wished for to own
Death in the end comes to the wealthy and famous as well as to the poor and unknown

I try not to pass judgement on others since their business can hardly be mine
If they pursue money and greatness this is their business and with me is fine
I just hate to see people suffer and hearing others put poor people down
It does not mean you are a better person than others though you are a hero of the town

The road of life that leads one to nowhere is the road i have traveled for years
But for life's opportunities i have missed out on i never have shed any tears
The twilight clouds on my life gathering for me my life's journey's end cannot be far away
But why should i feel any sadness on this sunny October Spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment