Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Only The Memories

It has been many years since my hair was dark brown
Since i lived in Claraghatlea close to Millstreet Town
The years have left me looking balder and older and gray
And time on my life ever ticking away

Some of the boys and girls i went to school with amongst the deceased lay
Whilst others from Millstreet grow old far away
And others in their old  home Parish did stay
Everyone on a different life journey as some like to say

Perhaps i will never see Clara again
Or hear the birds sing in the soft April rain
When the old fields are wearing their flowers of the  Spring
The  great gift of memory is such a wonderful thing

The cold winds of December above the old fields did blow
And Clara was wearing his Winter hat of snow
On the day i left Claraghatlea many years ago
Many Seasons since gone  and time now  is my foe

It has been many years since i heard the silver tongued rill
Babbling it's way to the river down the field by the  hill
And  only the memories with me do remain
Of what used to be for me but may not be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment