Friday, October 11, 2013

When I Hear A Blackbird

When i hear a blackbird singing my thoughts go far away
To the groves and the hedgerows of Ireland in May
When the hawthorns are cloaked in their blossoms of pale white to gray
And nesting songbirds sing for to welcome and farewell the day

On this beautiful day in October in Spring
A male blackbird in the park in Terang Town does sing
A beautiful voice that i loved as a boy
And hearing this voice of the Spring i will always enjoy

Until my turn come to die whenever this will be
The song of the blackbird will bring joy to me
A familiar voice of Nature so melodious and clear
That i for one always feel happy to hear

A voice that i loved when my hair was dark brown
When i lived far north of this parkland in old Terang Town
The weather is breezy and warm and fine
And a blackbird is singing in the afternoon sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment