Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Far Worse Off Than I Am

Life on me has never been tougher i am in need of every cent
Yet i feel lucky i am not homeless as i struggle for to pay my rent
You well may say it is my own fault that i have to live in this way
You pay the price for your life choices as some seem so happy to say
Yet millions far worse off than i am in the bigger World out there
The numbers of the homeless increasing and poverty can be found anywhere
Compared to many i am lucky i have a roof over my head
My fridge of food is never empty and i sleep in a comfortable bed
How the have nots do struggle to get by the wealthy could never realize
With mortgages and rents on the increase and the price of food on the rise
Compared to many i am very lucky though i struggle for to make ends meet
I well could be one of the homeless a pauper of Poverty Street
Life for me is an uphill battle my bills i do struggle to pay
But millions are far worse off than me and that does seem a sad thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment