Monday, May 30, 2011

Time Does Not Wait For Anyone

One day nearer to the life's journey's end for the babe born yesterday
Since time does not wait for anyone as some do like to say
It does not wait for anyone it did not wait for me
In time the longest lived human life not long that's how 'twould seem to be
Like every other form of life us humans born to die
That is a fact and it is true that fact does never lie
The old fellow who lives next door has just turned eighty three
He says my best years are long gone time has caught up on me
It does not seem that long ago when i was young and fit and strong
When i could dance for hours on end and drink beer all night long
My son in his late fifties is showing his years in gray
Like me time did not wait for him he has known a better day
No matter what we achieve in life death does become our due
And that time does not wait for anyone so happens to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment