Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rhyme On Old Fellow

I know all too well that my rhymes are a bit rough
To be taken as serious not quite good enough
But we all cannot be famous and looked on as great
And only the few the masses celebrate

Any hope of success as a rhymer from me long since gone
But i enjoy rhyming and i will rhyme on
And no shortage of things for to write rhymes about
Though in literature nowadays rhyming does seem out

Such beautiful weather for September in Spring
The fruit trees in blossom and the nesting birds sing
To write rhymes about Mother Nature is never a hard thing
So much joy to so many she always does bring

The rhymes do come to me and in notebook i pen them down
Without any thought of material gain or renown
Just something i love doing and little else more
Though amongst rhymers i will never be to the fore

I know as a rhymer i do not make the grade
Though every writer is needed in the wordsmith trade
And whenever i think of giving rhyming away
Rhyme on old fellow my inner voice does say.

No comments:

Post a Comment