Friday, September 19, 2014

Young Fred

In his mid twenties the always well dressed young Fred
One can say of him that he is choicely bred
His dad is a doctor and his mum is as well
Of his pedigree without asking to you he will tell

Without asking he will tell you that he
Is a practicing scientist with a science degree
A proud dad of a lovely baby daughter and with a beautiful though seemingly snobbish wife
He is one who has a lot to be thankful for in his life

Since of his achievements he does like to brag
For self promotion he helps for to carry the flag
On talking to him i always do feel a bit down
Since it makes me realize i am one of the non achievers of the town

But for everyone like Fred there has to be one like me
For we all cannot be winners would you not agree
His type of person helps to instil in me self doubt
Since i have nothing in my life that i can brag about

When in the town park or walking the street
The young scientist Fred is one i sometimes does meet
And without asking he tells me of his latest success
Suppose his telling of his achievements his sense of happiness

But i would prefer not to meet him in truth i can say
For his kind does never bring joy to my day
Since in my life i have nothing about for to brag
Like the well beaten racehorse behind the winner i do lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment