Sunday, August 30, 2015

If I Did Tell You Different

For so long a rhyming buff
Perhaps i have written too much rhyming stuff
That some do dismiss as doggerel
And condemn me to the poetasters hell

Since for rhyming money i do not receive in pay
Some tell me for to give it away
But to them i only say
I will when i die in some future day

Every day more rhymes to write
And email to an internet literary site
Eventually we all become victims of time
But one never runs out of rhyme

Though my worth as a rhymer i do doubt
So much for to write rhymes about
Of Nature's beauty around me
In every flowering bush and tree

Years ago as a young man i often daydreamed of fame
That mine would become a great literary name
But daydreams for so few does ever come true
Suppose from life we receive what is only our due

Though my best days in life in the forever gone
I do enjoy rhyming so i will keep on rhyming on
And i hope to be doing it on the day i do die
For if i did tell you different this would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment