Friday, August 14, 2015

The Silent One

The day was not sunny though the weather was fine
He sat on his mobile chair on the pier fishing with rod and line
When i said hello to him he did not reply
That he choose to ignore me i did wonder why

His serious countenance did not hide any guile
The type whose face might crack if he did smile
Just one quick glance at me then he looked away
To me he did not have anything for to say

In his mid forties his short brown hair showing traces of gray
Perhaps he was having a bad fishing day
The fish were not biting his luck did seem out
At times in life nothing for to smile about

He will never be my friend and he is not my foe
The rod and line fisherman who ignored my hello
His serious looking face it was bordering on sad
Suppose in life there are the good days and bad

A smile never does cost anyone anything
In fact it can be quite a beautiful thing
To my greeting he choose not to reply
His mood matched the gray clouds of the sunless sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment