Sunday, September 27, 2015

I Have Not Been In Millstreet

I have not been in Millstreet for close to twenty nine years
And for the what used to be i have shed my last tears
And to many i would be a stranger in Millstreet today
Since the years have left me looking older and gray

On the images on the Millstreet website of Millstreet people i know
Like me the years on their aging faces do show
Some of them with grandchildren in their lives prime
But eventually everyone becomes a victim of time

So many i knew like me live far from Millstreet
And many of them i may never more meet
From the town and countryside in view of Clara where we first saw light of day
On our journeys in life we went on our own way

I am aging far south of where my life's journey began
Claraghatlea where i was raised and grew into a man
Just west of the Duhallow Town of Millstreet
And the old rushy fields where the rivers do meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment