Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Some Say To Me

Some say to me your accent it is quite strong
And to what part of Ireland did you belong
I tell them Duhallow west of Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

The way i speak some struggle to understand
We have our own way of speaking in Ireland
In Ireland from County to County the accent seem to change
We have our own ways in this there is nothing strange

Suppose we would be boring for want of a better name
If all of our accents sounded quite the same
Variety is the spice of life it is this way
And each to their own it does seem true to say

My accent with me till the day i die will stay
Though in where i came from i would be a stranger to many today
A migrant here and a stranger in Millstreet
To many people there that i would meet

Some say to me that i ought to learn for to speak slow
Though they are not my friends and them i do not know
But their problems with my accent i do understand
Since we have our own way of speaking in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment