Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Old Memories Live In Me

Old memories live in me as a source of joy
Of where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
In the fields west of Millstreet in view of Clara Hill
In my memory time does seem to stand still

In my visualizations i hear the nesting birds sing
In the grove by my first home in the prime of the Spring
When the hawthorns are cloaked in their white blooms of the May
Good memories live on though time does tick away

Often on flights of fancy i hear the flooded rill
Bank high babbling to the river down the fields by the hill
When the cold winds of December are soughing in the bare trees
And the weather temperatures are often at zero degrees

The past it has gone and we can only live in today
But old memories live in me of long ago and far away
In the fields by the river where the green rushes grow
The home of rook and badger and silver backed crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment