Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It Is Not Out Of My Sort

It is not out of my sort that heroes are made
Post death memories of me will be quick to fade
I will never be remembered for any good i have done
I was not one who was there when the battle was won
But it will not matter to me anyway
If i am remembered or forgotten when i have had my day
At the end of life's journey it will come to the same
To the heroes and the wealthy and all who have known of fame
Death makes as equal the honored and celebrated and all poor women and men
To the successful and failures it will not matter then
I have not fought in war where the gunfire is loud
And in life i have nothing to feel ashamed of or of to feel proud
I live in my own way and do my own thing
And for as long as i can do to life i will cling.

No comments:

Post a Comment