Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Perhaps I May Never See Millstreet Again

Perhaps i may never see Millstreet again
And hear the frogs croak in the waterlogged drain
Or see Clara half cloaked in the fogs of rain
Only good memories of what was with me now remain

The great gift of memory it does serve me well
We all have our stories of life for to tell
My journey out of Duhallow has brought me far south
Of the home of the badger and the shy river trout

To the place of koala, echidna and gray kangaroo
And the long billed corella and yellow tailed black cockatoo
But home is where the heart is the wise one does say
And i feel contentment in where i live today

I cannot say that travel has brought me any financial gain
But good memories of what was today i retain
I may have left Duhallow but the past followed me
And i still have the memories of the what used to be

Perhaps i will never again see the Town of Millstreet
Or old Claraghatlea where the waterways meet
Or any of the friends of my past who are aging today
Some of them i did know in their long rest now lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment