Monday, June 26, 2017

The God Of The Mind

On my thoughts after death why should i pretend
When i believe it will be all over for me when my journey will end
On this alone i can only speak for me
Though on what i say on this many would disagree

As a boy i was compelled to attend church on Sunday where i never prayed
As well as take part in every religious parade
Though i never believed in a god in the sky
In a paradise where good souls post bodily death with wings to does fly

The god i believe in is the god of the mind
The god of compassion and the caring and kind
The god of love and generosity who gives to receive
This is the only god on whom i do believe

Billions of people to the god of their religion pray
But it is each to their own as the wise one does say
I only believe in the god of the mind
The great god of love of the compassionate and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment