Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Far South Of Duhallow

It has been awhile since i lived in Duhallow in the green country where Blackwater flow
In the fields of rabbit, hare and rook, fox and badger and the bird referred to by many as gray crow
The memories of the past in me are living and on my flights of fancy i do see
The gray fogs of rain creep slowly down the Boggeraghs it does seem Duhallow it has followed me
I used to have some good friends in Duhallow though some of them in peace forever lay
And some like me i feel sure have migrated and some in Duhallow are aging today
Though today to them i well may be a stranger with me in common little they may have to share
Our values change in life as we grow older of late of this i have become aware
I went to see the World beyond Duhallow my journey in life has brought me far south
Of the waterways of the white breasted dipper that too are home to otter and brown trout
For to grow old in the southern sunlit country perhaps is part of my life's destiny
Only in fancy now i see Duhallow in my memories of the what used to be
My life's journey has brought me south of Duhallow in distance from there i live far away
But in fancy i see gray fogs on the Boggeraghs old memories do die hard as some do say.

No comments:

Post a Comment