Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Know I Have Lived

I know i have lived out the most of my natural lifetime span
And all i have left are the memories of youthful elan
But i hope to live on for as long as i can
And die in my sleep without pain as a very old man

Most religious people believe that post bodily death the soul has wings for to fly
To the Worlds of eternal happiness or eternal suffering somewhere beyond the sky
But any deceased person as of yet has not come back to tell
Of an after Earthly life existence for the soul in a heaven or a hell

We are born as mortals a fact of life and facts do never lie
And all things of life eventually have to die
But the great gift of life is an amazing thing
And of the praises of life i am always happy to sing

There was a time that i could walk at a pace twice as fast
As i do today in Seasons long past
And all i have left are the memories of decades long gone
But i do love life and i want to live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment