Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Will Keep Living On

The boys and girls i went to school with in the town from here far away
Like i have lived would have lived a far better day
The most of them i have not seen for many years
But for the what has been i have shed all of my tears
In memory i like many others do go back in time
To my boyhood days before i reached my life's prime
But the years go by quickly time does seem to fly
And that time does become everyone's master none ought to deny
Some of the boys and girls of my childhood amongst the deceased do lay
But the now is all that does matter as the wise one does say
I now live far south of the place of the gray crow
And time that rusts iron has left me walking slow
And though my best years in life in the forever gone
Till my date with life's Reaper i will keep living on.

No comments:

Post a Comment