Friday, February 1, 2013

Nothing In Common To Share

At one of the posh uptown restaurants with his wealthy friends and wife and family he dine
And the meals that he order are not cheap and he drink the most expensive beer and wine
I know him just to see in passing and that in itself suits me  fine
Since we seem to share little in common and  his  values are different to mine

I often see him with his wife and teenage son and daughter in his new mercedes driving on the street of the town
He seems  so full of his own self importance his material success has brought him local renown
Maybe of him i sound a bit jealous but i only write of what i do see
He does not apear as one of the humble he does seem up himself to me

A new home and  big new car and a swimming pool in his backyard the trappings of material success
A cynical fellow like i am such things never seem to impress
like i do say our values are different no two look at life in the same way
The last time we met him i said hello to but to me he had nothing to say

Perhaps he sees me as one  to him inferior but what he thinks of me with me okay
We do mix in different company though him i do see every day
I said hello to him a few times but for me he did not have one word to spare
Like i say we have different values with nothing in common to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment