Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Ordinary Rhymer

An ordinary rhymer is the best i can be
But in that i am not alone there are many like me
There are millions of them in the  big World out there
Ordinary rhymers in numbers abound everywhere

Few become wealthy and famous in the wordsmith trade
And it is true about poets  that they are born not made
Just as in all things in life few writers of any genre seem to make the grade
All others are quick from the memory to fade

For many years i have  been a rhyming buff
And i am one who has written pages of stuff
I write rhymes because i enjoy doing it and  little else more
This is something you may have heard me say before

Of singing Nature's praises i never do tire
Her beauty it is free for all to admire
I learn new things about her every day
In life we never stop learning as some like to say

I never refer to myself as a poet
Nor am i one worthy of literary note
But i hope to be rhyming till the day i do die
To say otherwise of me would be a lie

Though the sky is overcast and the sun is not out
There is so much for me to be happy about
The flute like song of the magpie so lovely to hear
The bird who does sing every day of the year

From rhyming enjoyment for me enough gain
And my great love of it i do hope to retain
For as long as i live till my life's final day
Since with rhyme words i am one who does love to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment