Tuesday, August 8, 2017

To My Own Self

Though fame and material wealth in life has not been my due
To my own self i only can try to stay true
For there is nothing to like to one who is into self in a big way
Though a few of such people i meet every day
The me, myself and i syndrome nowadays does seem an in thing
So many feel it necessary their own praises for to sing
Of their achievements only too willing for to talk about
Of their worth to humanity they never leave one in doubt
I am not one who can boast of material gain
But true to myself i can only remain
To remain true to self there is honor at stake
For to become what i dislike in some others would render me as a fake
And though material wealth and fame has not been my due
To my own beliefs i can only stay true.

No comments:

Post a Comment