Thursday, August 17, 2017

A Man Of Doggerel

Just one more man of doggerel
I write a lot though not that well
With rhyming words one who loves to play
I do write new rhymes every day

For many years a rhyming buff
I do write reams of rhyming stuff
I did love reading rhymes as a boy
And writing them i now enjoy

Unworthy of the title of poet
Or to be seen as one worthy of literary note
But the rhyming bug is with me to stay
It is each to their own as the wise one say

In life everybody of some hobby are in need
But how boring we would be indeed
If in our pursuit of wealth and fame
We all in our ways were the same

In my late twenties i penned my first rhyme
Of years this is going back in time
One who has written much but not that well
I will die as a man of doggerel.

No comments:

Post a Comment