Friday, August 25, 2017

Since I Penned My First Rhyme

It has been many years since i penned my first rhyme
Back in the early seventies this is going back in time
And time keeps ever ticking the babies back then
In years now are middle aged women and men
Since then four decades in years have gone by
And on looking back the Seasons time does seem to fly
I wrote my first rhymes as i clearly recall
On my twenty seventh year in nineteen seventy three in September of the Fall
Though i love writing rhymes in truth i can say
It is something one should not do in expectance of pay
And though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
I never go short of things to write rhymes about
And i hope to be rhyming until my life's final day
For what i enjoy doing why should i give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment