Monday, August 21, 2017

I Only Have Memories

The clock on our lives ever ticking away
In time it only does seem like yesterday
Since to the fields of my young years i said goodbye
On looking back the Seasons how time seems to fly

Since then i have seen many years come and go
And times that rusts iron has become my foe
Though i have not walked in the old town for thirty one years
For the what used to be i have shed my last tears

People to life come and from life go for others to make way
But the timeless land that supports us will continue to support future generations centuries from today
Time that does not wait on anyone does keep ticking on fast
And each day we do live is one nearer to our last

But for as long as the gift of memory we retain
Mental images from the past with us does remain
Though few autobiographies or biographies published in book form to sell
Everybody have their own life stories to tell

Tomorrow will dawn and yesterday has gone
And the now we do live in and the clock does tick on
I only have memories of the what used to be
And time that rusts iron has left it's mark on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment