Monday, August 28, 2017

If Life's Reaper Decides

If Life's reaper decides this is my last day of life
She may shed a tear or two for me the wife
But doubtless without me she will do okay
A wealthy old fellow may well come her way

And some who know of me may say the poetaster is dead
He was one who did live with rhymes in his head
A profilic scribbler though he did not write well
The old rhymer has penned his last doggerel

Just one with rhyming words who does love to play
I will have lived a good life if i cark it today
One who never had to live with prolonged ache or pain
I am one who does not have reason to complain

A comfortable bed to sleep in and enough of food for to eat
Never a shortage on my plate of vegetables and meat
I feel i have been lucky as the word can be
There are millions of people far worse off than me

If this is my last day few for me will shed tears
Though i have had a good innings and known of some good years
I am not one of those who will die in regret
And i feel happy to realize i will be easy to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment