Friday, October 12, 2012

I Will Rhyme On

For many years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one of those who has penned reams of stuff
The rhymes keep coming to me on notebook paper i pen them down
But never for financial gain or for  literary renown

I began penning stuff back in my life's prime
And that is going back near four decades in time
Addicted to rhyming though some  to me say
Perhaps  it is time i gave writing away

The sort of stuff i do pen anybody could write
It is easy to memorize, read and recite
Yet it is something i enjoy doing i write every day
Old habits die hard as some are known to say

My worth as a rhymer i may have reason to doubt
But for  me there never has been a rhyming drought
Since i penned my first rhyme many Seasons have gone
One addicted to rhyming i keep penning on

It is so very easy as easy as can be
Anybody can rhyme you can have that from me
Though my best days in life to the forever gone
I do enjoy rhyming and i will rhyme on.

No comments:

Post a Comment