Sunday, November 16, 2014

Of Any Success In Life

Of any successes in life i do not have for to tell
I am just one of many who pen doggerel
With words i am one who does like to play
And i add to my numbers of rhymes every day

Just something i enjoy doing and little else more
This is something you may have heard me say before
I have been penning stuff since in my life's prime
And this is going back many Seasons in time

And though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
Never shortage of things for me to write about
To write rhymes is easy as easy as can be
At least anyway this is how it seems to me

From the place of the badger and the brown river trout
The rhyming addiction has followed me south
Though of this i am not proud i can assure you
It is something i just feel compelled for to do

The years have left me looking weary and gray
And i have given thought of giving rhyming away
But the voice in my mind to me always does say
Old Francis you have to pen more rhymes today

For doggerel for years i have carried the flag
But this is something not worthy of a brag
And perhaps my addiction will be with me till the day i die
If i did tell you different this would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment