Monday, February 9, 2015

I Only Reminisce

From there i have been many Seasons away
And by all accounts Millstreet is a changed place today
But the old fields of Claraghatlea would look much the same
I remember some of them by their given name

And the tiny brown wren i would recognize
He does have a loud song for one of his size
And the song of the robin with me does remain
In my flights of fancy i do hear him again

In the groves and the woodlets when i was a boy
My first lessons of Nature i did enjoy
In search of insects the mottled brown treecreeper climbing on trunk of tree
Was indeed a wonder of Nature to me

And the dark brown water birds dipper of breasts white as snow
By their metallic song them i came to know
When the fields were resplendent in their Nature's flowers
On grass lush and green from recent Spring showers

And the hawthorns cloaked in their white blooms of the May
And the contented cattle chewing their cuds do lay
In the mid afternoon in the shade of the trees
With the songs of the birds carrying in the freshening breeze

I only reminisce of a time i have known
And of unrivalled beauty that is Nature's own
Of the what used to be in the forever gone
And the clock on my life ever keeps ticking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment